Salzgitter Mannesmann UK Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
2. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the "GDPR") as 'any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier'.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5, below.
3. What Are Your Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask us for a copy of your personal data held by us to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 10.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner's Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office.
4. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us):
- Business name and Address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Job title;
- Business Payment information;
You can set your browser to reject cookies but if you do so you will be unable to enjoy full site functionality.
5. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Managing your account and to provide you with the services you have requested.
- Supplying our products to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our products for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- We may also use your personal data to contact you with details of the stock offering and stock list .
6. How Long Will We Keep Your Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- Existing Customer purchase history / invoices will be kept for the statuary 6 years and customer email addresses will be kept for the length of the contract and for 6 years afterwards.
7. How and Where Do We Store or Transfer Your Personal Data?
We will only store your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
The security of your personal data is essential to us, and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures, including the following:
- All our computers are secured by an IT Solutions company, who use an effective anti-virus software which monitors our emails and computers for any viruses. All Computers are password protected.
- Hard copy data is kept in secure lockable filing cabinets in our offices.
8. Do We Share Your Personal Data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party's obligations under the law.
9. How Can You Access Your Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and ask for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a "subject access request".
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 10.
10. How Do You Contact Us?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details for the attention of:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 01423 566660
Postal Address: Salzgitter Mannesmann UK, Simpson House, Clarence Drive, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1 2PE
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection. Any changes will be made available on our website.
Appendix 1 Cookie Audit dated 29/5/18 http://www.salzgitter-mannesmann-uk.com/
This cookie is set by our content management system on arrival to the Salzgitter Mannessmann UK website. It is not used by Salzgitter Mannessmann UK and is deleted when the user closes their browser.
This cookie is not removed when you turn cookies off via our cookie tool as doing so may cause the website to function incorrectly.
|__cfduid||.jquery.com||Cookies generated by the framework Jquery used for the development of some of the functionality of the website.|
|__utma||.salzgitter-mannesmann-uk.com||This cookie keeps track of how many times a visitor accesses the site, when the first visit was and when the last visit took place. Google Analytics uses this cookie, for example, to calculate the days and numbers of visits after which a user completes an order, from first accessing the site.|
|__utmb||These two cookies work together and are used to calculate how long a visit lasts. The _utmb cookie keeps track of the precise moment at which a user goes onto the site, while the _utmc cookie keeps track of the precise moment a user leaves the site.|
|__utmc||This cookie keeps track of the user's geographical location, which search engine he/she has used, which key word he/she searched for to access the site.|
|__utmt||Used to throttle request rate.|
|__utmz||This cookie keeps track of the user's geographical location, which search engine he/she has used, which key word he/she searched for to access the site.|
|This is used to collect information about how visitors use the Sites. The cookies collect information anonymously, including the number of visitors to the Sites, where visitors have come to the Sites from and the pages they have visited. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the Sites. Click here for Google Privacy|
|civicAllowCookies||Cookie Control cookies. These cookies are set in order to remember preferences in regards to cookies.|